Hello, please select your language

Hola, por favor, inicia sesión aquí

¿Todavía no eres miembro?
y descubre un nuevo, mejorado y reconocido English Live.

Close

01-800-236-1000

Bienvenido a "Word of the Day - English"
Vocabulary for intermediate to advanced English speakers only. Build your vocabulary and practice using your newly learnt words.
Idioma: English
Miembros: 8143
Oficiales: Charmaine (Administrator)

¿Seguro que quieres dejar este grupo?

¿Seguro que quieres eliminar este tema Don’t desire to walk when you have wings to fly - kids world?
Por LLINA1123 el 12/12/2015 06:39:40 p.m.
Don’t desire to walk when you have wings to fly - kids world

Once upon a time there lived a generous, kind-hearted king. He was fond of birds and animals and had a huge bird sanctuary in his reign. He disliked harming the animals and birds and even did not kill them for the sake of eating meat.  

Owing to his generosity and kindness towards birds, he was gifted two beautiful falcons by his fellow businessman. Those two falcons belonged to a different place and lived in a different climatic condition. 

The king thanked the businessman and ordered the head of the bird trainer to provide all the facilities to those beautiful falcons and make them feel comfortable in their country.  

The head trainer took the birds and provided all essentials to help the birds adapt to the atmosphere. Gradually,

the birds got adapted to the country’s atmosphere. 

One day the king wanted to see the falcons fly as he heard that one of those falcons fly to great heights at a very high speed.  

The king was quite surprised and rewarded the bird trainer with handful of gold coins. He enquired about the other falcon. The bird trainer stated with regret that the other falcon did not move even a step from the day one and just sat on the branch. The trainer also added that he tried everything best he could do and still he failed to make this bird move.  

The king consoled him and told the trainer that he would bring someone more experienced than him or an old man who knew about falcons.   

The king announced about his requirement to make the falcon move and fly. Hearing this announcement, an old man reached the King’s palace and assured him that he would make the bird fly like the other one. 

The king asked the head trainer to take the old man to the sanctuary to train the falcon and he told that he would visit them the next day to see if there was any change.  

The next day, the king was very surprised to see the other falcon fly like the first one to great heights in rapid speed. The king was too happy and rewarded him handful.  

The king asked what he had done to make the bird fly in a day. The old man simply replied, I just cut down the branch of the tree where the falcon used to sit.

Many of us are like this. We h***e wings to fly, we know how to fly, and where to fly still we sit doing nothing or doing something that makes us inferior to others.

Don’t try to walk when you h***e wings to fly

Por AABDULSATTAR el 13/12/2015 12:11:14 a.m.
RE: Don’t desire to walk when you h***e wings to fly - kids world
:). Nice story.
Por zluc207 el 14/12/2015 08:02:10 a.m.
good story,thank you, i am Bob, i want to talk with you about this story,can you give your skype or other chat software,my skype is bobgood21good,add me please.
Por aaisso el 15/12/2015 03:20:55 a.m.
RE: RE: Don’t desire to walk when you h***e wings to fly - kids world
give him your skyp come on!!!! hhhhhh
Por DMota209 el 15/12/2015 10:28:53 a.m.
Lina Lina, I too liked this story!! Here in the Brazil the branch of the my tree was cut down there is a reasonable time. Now I think I need of flock of birds friends to fly with me. : ) : )
Por LLINA1123 el 17/12/2015 12:58:00 p.m.
Don’t desire to walk when you h***e wings to fly - kids world

Thanks mani; happy you like the story :)

Por LLINA1123 el 17/12/2015 12:59:04 p.m.
Thanks bob; it’s my honor.
Por LLINA1123 el 17/12/2015 01:00:11 p.m.

Hello Danyelle; thanks a lot for your beautiful words: I will be glad to be your friend; Pleas accept my request :)

Por LLINA1123 el 17/12/2015 01:18:13 p.m.
ignorance is the best answer for you.. but

Instead of hitting your head bitterly against the walls every where; try to use your mind "positively" to free yourself from anger !! I'll never say sorry for my opinion, it's you who must accept yourself as it is, be a little bit responsible on your attitudes .. Grow up!!!

Instead of provoking every one with your bad words and prejudgments, try to convince them with good ones !!! look at yourself here, you think you are different !! Ok, you are; but in which sense? What is the point ?? To be at the center of attention !!? Not enough to be a human moreover than to be effective as you think.. I do not want your answers, just ask yourself.

poor aaisso esteem yourself !!!... you make me feel pity for you, but I’m not sorry.. Keep playing this role - at least- you are good at something …*" وكل ميسر لما خلق "

*"All the facilitator for the creation to him".

Por LLINA1123 el 17/12/2015 01:56:30 p.m.
Don’t desire to walk when you have wings to fly

friends, sorry for this... :)

Por SOzer55 el 18/12/2015 02:44:34 p.m.
ıt was a meaningful story,thank you lina:) i loved it
Por SOzer55 el 18/12/2015 02:45:44 p.m.
thak you lina,it was a meaningful story,i loved it
Por AABDULSATTAR el 19/12/2015 03:27:38 p.m.
RE: ignorance is the best answer for you.. but
r u ok?
Por KStoyanova5 el 19/12/2015 04:41:04 p.m.
I personally know a falcon who doesn't move.
Por LLINA1123 el 20/12/2015 08:16:58 p.m.

thanks Ida, you're welcomed :)

Por LLINA1123 el 20/12/2015 08:49:59 p.m.

It's sad to see a bird couldn't fly, human can find an alternative solutions to free himself; but birds i do not think if can do this without wings and skies.. thanks for sharing Katia

Por LLINA1123 el 20/12/2015 09:10:32 p.m.
thanks mani

Trust there is no importance to at all :) ...but this reminds me with "Elisabeth Kubler-Ross" when she said:" People are like stained - glass windows, They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their, true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within" thanks and you're welcomed :)

Por AMOKHTAR38 el 22/12/2015 02:28:22 a.m.
yes i like this story very much and i learn from it very new information thanks
Por LLINA1123 el 26/12/2015 07:38:06 a.m.
glad to know this Mokhtar, you welcom ..and thanks for your comment

Oferta Premium
Aprende inglés online - resultados garantizadosÚnete a la escuela online más grande del mundo y disfruta de una comodidad total. Sigues las clases de conversación en grupos reducidos y con profesor nativo. Las clases en directo empiezan a todas las horas del día.
Grupos relacionados
Word Puzzles
Education & Study TipsImprove your English with word puzzles and post...
An English Word a Day for Chinese Speakers
Education & Study TipsLearn one new word a day with help from the news.
Teacher Question and Answer
Education & Study TipsGot a nagging question about the English langua...